Mdash shadow to webserver

Hello,
I recently got into IoT. So far I was able to write a code for ESP32 using Mongoose OS that was able to send data to mDash. And now I can see all the data sent from an ESP32 in the shadow section of mDash for that particular ESP32 device. I want to send the mDash data from multiple ESP32 to a webserver to display them accordingly.

As I can understand the shadow section is a JSON type. But I don’t know how to send that JSON data to a website from mDash. I would really appreciate your suggestions on what steps I should take to establish this communication.

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi There,

What you’ll want to do is make API calls from your website to mDash to fetch device data. The APIs of interest are defined here: Customer REST API

The process looks something like this:

1. Call the customer GET endpoint to obtain list of devices assigned to a specific customer.
  2. Call the device GET endpoint for each device using the pubkeys obtained in step #1
  3. Parse the JSON data to get the info you need

The Smart Light example does this for a single device.

Hope this helps,
-AD

Hello @Autodog, I really did not understand what to do next but thanks to your suggestion I have a starting point. By the way, do you have any suggestions regarding a book for complete IoTs beginners?

Thanks again,
Ifthekhar