Mos console triggers POWERON_RESET

When running mos console from linux, the device (esp32) I am communicating with (via serial) always reboots, and logs…
[Nov 26 18:17:17.382] rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x3b (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT).
However when running mos console from windows, I am able to hook into the current running program, without restarting/rebooting the device.

It would be nice to be able to connect to a device in it’s current state, and see it’s output. I also believe this POWERON_RESET is causing my device to go into DOWNLOAD_BOOT mode

[Nov 26 18:18:06.589] rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x20 (DOWNLOAD_BOOT(UART0/UART1/SDIO_FEI_FEO_V2))
[Nov 26 18:18:06.594] waiting for download

when mos console is called (from linux) while the device is in a specific state (possibly a specific issue to my device design/hardware).

What is causing this reboot? And is it possible to not trigger this reboot when using mos console from linux?

-siftd106

Try mos console --set-control-lines=false if you don’t want the device to be reset when running mos console. The Windows drivers do not always handle the DTR/RTS lines corectly.

1 Like

This works beautifully. Thank you very much for the response!

-siftd106

Apologies for reviving the topic, but it seemed more relevant to revive and keep the thread history than start a new thread.

I seem to be seeing this for the first time since updating macOS to Big Sur. And using

mos console --set-control-lines=false

does not seem to resolve the issue.